Last updated May 05, 2021
At VRpartments we care deeply about your privacy.
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
In principle we only collect and process personal data that you provide to us. When you intend to use VRpartments, you will have to register an account with us. When doing so, you will be asked to provide personal data, such as your first and last name, your email address or billing details (in particular billing address, tax id. no., other related data). These data is necessary for us to provide you with VRpartments services. From time to time you may also be asked to provide additional data when interacting with VRpartments or contacting customer service, as necessary under circumstances to provide you with our services. However, we also collect and process other data and personal information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to VRpartments, location of your device or computer, your activity on VRpartments.
PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA ARE INTENDED
Subject to the way you use VRpartments, we use your personal information:
- to provide, improve and personalize our services;
- for marketing, direct marketing & newsletter, remarketing;
- for verification of identity and customer support;
- for billing and collections;
- to secure our systems and prevent fraud;
- to analyze and understand our users, improve and optimize VRpartments.
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
Subject to the personal data concerned and context, our legal basis for processing of your personal data will be:
- Art. 6 sec. 1 point (b) of the GDPR Regulation – processing is necessary for conclusion and performance of a contract for use of VRpartments.
- Art. 6 sec. 1 point (c) of the GDPR Regulation – processing is necessary for compliance with regulatory duties, including accounting and taxation.
- Art. 6 sec. 1 point (a) of the GDPR Regulation – your consent.
- Art. 6 sec. 1 point (f) of the GDPR Regulation – processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms: (i) to assess, verify, pursue or protect against legal claims, (ii) to conduct direct marketing, (iii) for analytical or statistical purposes to enhance VRpartments, (iv) for client satisfaction survey.
All data provided in the course of registration of an account is obligatory for use of VRpartments. Data provided in the course of setting up a paid plan is obligatory for use of such plan and for billing. All other data is provided voluntarily. What happens when you refuse to provide your data? Depending on the data and the context:
- You will not be able to use VRpartments.
- You will not be able to use certain features of VRpartments.
- You will not be able to use the paid version of VRpartments.
- You will not receive information about our promotions, special or personalized offers.
We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to store your data. As a result, your personal data may be transferred outside the EU and the European Economic Area, to countries where AWS physically locates its servers or where AWS employees are located, in particular the USA. We rely on standard contractual clauses included in the AWS Data Processing Addendum (part of AWS terms of service) to ensure that your data is processed in compliance with the GDPR Regulation. Please refer to AWS website for more information, including information on protection of your personal data:
PERIOD OF PROCESSING
We will process your data only for as long as necessary to ensure continued use of VRpartments, as may be required by law, or until we have we have the legal basis to do so, depending on the type of your personal data and the context, until later of the following events:
- lapse of a regulatory duty, including taxation, accounting, corporate reporting obligation, under which we are obligated to process your personal data;
- lapse of our need to assess, verify, pursue or protect against legal claims;
- you withdraw your consent, provided it was the basis for the processing;
- you object to the processing of your data – provided that the legal basis for the processing was our legitimate interest.
For example, we retain your projects history, so that you can always compare or use your previous quoting proposals. We store your payment history, as required by applicable tax regulations.
When processing your personal data we use organizational and technical measures to ensure protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, such as by use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software, by engaging licensed payment procesors, by maintaining physical and electronic safeguards and requiring secure passwords.
It is vital that your keep your account login information (login details and password) confidential and secure, as they may be used to access the personal data included in your account.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You are entitled to:
- to access your personal data, have it rectified or erased;
- to demand restriction of processing of your personal data;
- to demand transfer of your personal data (data portability);
- when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent – to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation – when processing is based on our legitimate interest. In particular, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing. You can also always unsubscribe from our marketing mailing..
Feel free to contact us at any time whenever you have any question or concern regarding the processing of your personal data and applicable rights. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority. Find your data protection authority here - https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
[necessary Cookies]: prevent frauds and improve security.
[preferences Cookies]: to recognize you when you open VRpartments website from one of the known devices; to recognize that you are an VRpartments registered user; display information and features that may be of interest to you based on your use history; remember your preferences, such as language or search terms;
[statistics Cookies]: learn and understand how our users use VRpartments, so that we may become the best version of ourselves!
[marketing Cookies]: advertize VRpartments when you visit other websites (remarketing/retargeting). Cookies allow us to inform third party advertizers that you accessed VRpartments in the past, so that they may display VRpartments’s advertisements later on, when you visit other pages. We store Cookies for up to 12 months. You may opt-out of remarketing and other Cookies here or here. You may also delete Cookies or block their use in the future by selecting an appropriate option in your browser. To find out more on how to manage Cookies, including how to disable them, please turn to the help site of your chosen browser or your mobile device’s settings (available here). Click at one of the links below for information on major browsers:
- Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge
For more information on cookies please check out this Wikipedia article - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
If you want us to stop using Cookies related to your use of VRpartments, you can also always write us an email at: [email protected].
EXTERNAL SERVICES / RECIPIENTS OF DATA
We employ external service providers to perform functions on our behalf. These third party entities may have access to your personal data and other data, needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. They must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and comply with all applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR Regulation:
- Payment procesors – to the extent necessary to process payment for our services;
- Lawyers – to the extent necessary to advise us in relation to the functioning of VRpartments, assessment, preparation, pursuit or protection of legal claims and general compliance with applicable regulatory duties;
- Accountants – to the extent necessary to comply with tax, accounting and corporate obligations;
- Public administration bodies – to the extent required by laws;
You may disable Google’s ad personalisation here.
Marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure and IT service providers - to customize, personalize and optimize our service, process customer surveys, analyze how our users interact with VRpartments and display personalized ads in retargeting (remarketing) campaigns;